Terms and Conditions
You can create an account on symbolworld.org so that it will:
- remember your settings if you log in from another computer
- let you print pages as PDFs
- let you give pages a star rating.
If you don't need symbolworld.org to do any of those things then you don't need to create an account.
To create an account on symbolworld.org, you will need to enter a username and your email address. Your username doesn't have to be your real name.
You must be at least 16 years old to create an account. If you are under 16 then you should ask an adult who is legally responsible for you to read this page, then they can decide if they want to create an account for you using their email address.
We need an email address so that we can send you emails about your account. For example, if you forget your password then you can enter your email address to get a link where you can reset your password. We won't send you any emails that aren't about your account.
If you want us to change anything about your account or you want us to delete your account, send an email to privacy[AT]widgit.com.
Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions apply to you regarding the material on this site. You are responsible for bringing these terms to the attention of anyone who may read material on this site as a result of your access to it.
- All material on this Website is (unless otherwise stated) copyright © Widgit Software. Reading, copying or adapting any material implies agreement to these terms and conditions.
- Users are permitted to view, print and download the material for personal, non-commercial use only but in so doing are not permitted to remove or amend any trade mark, copyright or other proprietary notice. Users may not distribute, transmit, reproduce or publish by electronic or any other means any part of the data without the prior written permission of Widgit Software. All other rights reserved.
- Whilst Widgit Software endeavours to ensure that the information on this Website is correct, it is provided on an "as is" basis, without warranties of any kind, and no warranty, express or implied, is given as to accuracy or completeness and Symbols Worldwide Limited does not accept any liability for any error or omission. Widgit Software shall not be liable for any third party claims or losses of any nature including, but not limited to, loss of profits, direct, indirect, special or consequential damages arising from a third party's use or inability to use this Website.
- Widgit Software accepts no responsibility for the content on any site to which a hypertext link from this site exists. The links are provided "as is" with no warranty, express or implied, for the information provided within them.
- All authors or providers of a link into this site should note that Widgit Software does not necessarily read, check or edit the content from such links and Widgit Software accepts such material linked to its site purely on the basis of an understanding that Widgit Software is a distributor (not a publisher) of such material and by linking to this site, the author or provider of the link gives an implied warranty that he/she/it will indemnify Widgit Software in the event of any action arising as a result of such material appearing on or via this site. All persons accessing this site are also put on notice of such fact.
- Widgit Software makes efforts to ensure that its publications, advertising and offers on this site fully meet the requirements of English law and foreign laws of any country where it is intended for such content to be viewed. In the event that a foreign country's law may not be fully complied with, then Widgit Software shall be deemed not to be directing such content to that particular country.
- With respect to any bulletin boards or forums available herein, statements and opinions expressed in the articles and communications are those of individual contributors or advertisers and not the statements and opinions of Widgit Software.
- This Website provides users with a free information service, but should Widgit Software add services for which payment is required, users will be notified within the site and given instructions for subscribing to any such services.
- While Widgit Software makes all reasonable attempts to exclude viruses from the Website, it cannot ensure such exclusion and no liability is accepted for viruses. Thus, you are recommended to take all appropriate safeguards before downloading information from this site.
- These terms and conditions are governed by and shall be interpreted in accordance with English law.